Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ennui

This is a piece I'm working on for my Honor's portfolio class. It's about a sonnet by Sylvia Plath: Ennui. I had a fun time trying to come up with some sort of interpretation for that sonnet, it's something very unusual to me to try and illustrate something like that, but it's been fun so far. That's my color comp. I might do the finish in oils, the wacom tablet is starting to hurt my hand =P.



Added a new comp which I will probably be working from, if approved. This one gets back the idea (not shown here) that I had on the thumbnail stage, where the trees are all aligned and kind of suggest a prison cell. Kazu said he prefered it that way, and I think he has a good point.

3 comments:

Jacob Atienza said...

Como Vai Voce?
I just heard that Plath's son just went the way of his mother... suicide as well...
You should do this in oil, I think it would turn out nicely...

theo said...

yeah Chuck let us know in class about her son. Horrible stuff.
Yeah I've decided to go in oils, specially to have more controls over those dark colors in the background.

Emerson Tung said...

It's looking really nice so far man :) ahhh.. wacom tablets.. they'd be the death of our wrists I tell you.